Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 34 replies

happymarion

Happy gardening New Year everybody!  I hope you all have great flowers, veg. and fruit in the coming seasons.

Liriodendron

Ah!  Just found this, Marion.  Happy New Year to you too - hope your garden gives you pleasure all year.

Joyce21

Liri, thanks for mentioning Marion's new thread.

It wont be too long before we are rewarded with the flowers from the spring bulbs 

chicky

Happy New Year Marion look forward to following your gardening adventures 

flumpy1

Ho! There you all are  Happy New Year 2018!

Advertisement

flumpy1

Hi Marion, what's your plans for this years gardening?.

cold, damp but sunshine in the Northwes, what's the weather where you are?

happymarion

Very cold here but dry.  I think I will have even more meadows of mixed annuals this year (my ninetyeth) as they look so flamboyant and are easy.  I think i will do lots of my veg. in pots this year to save on the digging whch is a bit beyond me now.  Bush type runner beans in a big pot will give me lots of beans. My pelargoniums are still flowering their socks off so perhaps I will treat myself to a few more colours and some doubles this year.

happymarion

Some pics of my pelargoniums and up the garden.  Too cold to go as far as my snowdrops.  Biting wi

nd.  The orchard is carpetted with apples so my bird friends will be happy.

Joyce21

Marion, you have had months of colour from your pelargoniums.

I think it's a good idea for you to have veg in large pots rather than digging the ground. You can sit and work at pots which is what I do.

With this cold spell following the wet one I don't know when any real gardening work will get done.

happymarion

I have just looked up the weather where my sister lives in Canada and she has daytime temp. of =20 with windchill of -32.!  I would die in such temperatures.  I think it will be a few weeks before we get any gardening done.  

Joyce21

Marion, I remember the icicle photos that your sister sent you last year.

happymarion

The Eastern coastline of the USA is just south of my sister and is expecting its lowest temperature in living memory tonight!  Yes Joyce last year they had freezing rain - imagine icicles raining down on your head instead of rain!

flumpy1

Wow Marion, hope your sister is ok, i never knew it could get so cold.

your flowers look so colourful, they brighten my day up, just come back from my mum and dads house, there cat has gone missing who is suffering with a ear infection, she's been missing since Friday  so worrying in these cold tempretures, this is her.........

happymarion

Awww,  She is no doubt sound asleep somewhere warm.  They are experts at finding warm spots on top of cars that have just been driven!

Advertisement

flumpy1

I hope she comes home 

happymarion

I hope the cat has come home or at least has found a warm place in this cruelly cold weather. Flumpy.  beautiful blue skies and dry but too bitter to venture out. This is the time when TV would do well to show us round some lovely gardens in their full glory in the summer to get our imaginations flowing for our own gardens.

Joyce21

Marion, there is a series starting, I think later this month, Paradise Gardens.

Moghul gardens if my memory is correct.  I have visited some of them in India, Kashmir and Pakistan so I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Sunny here but the ground is frozen.

flumpy1

im afraid she's not come home and it was -2 last night and -1 tonight 

flumpy1

Good news!! She's turned up, a bit wobbly and tired but she's back!, she's a fighter