Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 962 replies

The potting shed

Hello Forkers.....It's October!

A friendly place of frolics and conversation where everyone is welcome to join in to chat and procrastinate to their heart's content.

Jump to latest post

1 to 20 of 962 replies

Lyn

Winters on is way!

Clarington

Noooooo!!! I'm not ready for this yet! 

Dovefromabove

Thank you so much Lyn ((hugs))  xx

I'm posting on my phone and it's a bit of a faff starting a new thread on it, especially when I'm in a hurry like today 

Busy-Lizzie

Hey - not yet, still quite a bit of autumn and it's wonderful colours.

Morning all. Off to babysit for son 2's little boys.

October? How did that happen .

Advertisement

Morning Lyn, morning all, afternoon Pat!

Sorry about my absence lately, hands have been bad again so trying to rest them as much as possible!

Certainly is autumn here! Purple dressing gown very much back in favor, cats have no interest in out doors and have made nests in the duvet on the spare bed!

Wouldn't catch me doing overtime Hosta! JUST SAY NO!.....grange hill now in my head!  glad Spikey is OK 

Safe travels Dove and OH, have a lovely visit! X

Going to make a cuppa and have a read back, a good morning to all those to come 

Dovefromabove

Just popping in to say that I've seen a photo of Wonky's new hairdo ... dead glam 

Its not bad is it Dove  even after sleeping on it, doesn't look like a homemade hairdo like it usually does! 

Lyn

My cat, Thomas is in winter mode as well, he hasn't been outside for a wee since yesterday morning, it stated raining in the afternoon and that was it, rooted to the sofa  and on the bed this morning, he hates it if we pick him up and put him out. 

Pat E

Morning all. 

Dovefromabove
WonkyWomble says:

Its not bad is it Dove  even after sleeping on it, doesn't look like a homemade hairdo like it usually does! 

See original post

That's probably 'cos it was done by a dead glam London stylist rather than by you with a mirror and some dressmaking scissors 

morning all, happy October!

we moved here 12 years ago on the 12th and the weather was stunning, a golden autumn day.

lets hope for a sunny month 

heading to Dumfries House to meet chums today.  Sadly it's wet and windy☹️🌂

Wonky rest those hands,

chicky

We got married on 15th October, on a gloriously sunny day.  Pretty much every one of our 23 anniversaries since then have seen warm sunshine ☀️......so I am hopeful for a good month.  Having said that, today is not a good start â˜”️☔️☔️

Off out to Screwfix Live in a minute (Mr C really knows how to treat a girl ) ......hope everyone else has a similarly fulfilling day 

Dachalover

Opps......typical Paddy.....I was still in September

I posted this to Hosta last month 

Hostafan1 says:

Have I ever mentioned  I HATE WINTER?

See original post

Hosta.......you and  my BH would get on like a house of fire......ours will be now lit for the foreseeable future 

Clarington

I was going to be all productive today. But after loosing my breakfast to an episode abd it raining steadily I think it is turning very much into a sofa and blanket type of day.

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

Put your feet up Clari. 

Right ... We're off .... SYL 

Good morning all , had a bit of a lie in this morning , just had breakfast 🥞 

A bit damp out  , lots of rain over night 

Dachalover
Clarington says:

I was going to be all productive today. But after loosing my breakfast to an episode abd it raining steadily I think it is turning very much into a sofa and blanket type of day.

See original post

Clari.....I'm doing exactly the same thing......BH is back in Oryol  ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oryol  trying to dispose of the freaking evil eye cross ....seriously........ if anyone needs to hear the story please do not PM me as I am not a happy camper at the moment 

Dachalover

Incidentally .....we never had real seasons in Russia ....it was always Winter and Summer ....in that order ........ I can't believe we now have an autumn .....actually never realised ........autumn has two "u" s......and I'm a scrabble expert ....well whatever

So this is from our apartment ..........the mausoleum in the foreground did not exist a few years ago as did the high rise on the left

Pat E

Clari, are you OK? 

This turning clocks forward business is not agreeing with us today. We’ve been yawning all day and I even had a little nap on the lounge this afternoon. 

I guess we will get used to it in a couple of weeks.