Start a new thread

681 to 697 of 697 replies

A lot of Indian sweets use consensed milk don't they, Joyce?  Used to love those when we lived in Leeds which had a lot of good Indian restaurants, cafe's and take-aways.  Used to love kulfi. 

Ladybird4

Only Connect and Uni Chall now

Kulfi yummy .

Sorry to say it's football, here.  But only until 21.00 when there's a programme on about Japan which I've bookmarked!

T'bird, my OH's Gran was Cornish and she used to send the family living in Coventry a jar of clotted cream every week, wrapped in a copy of 'The Cornish Times'.  He's never forgotten it, says none of the ones you can buy in the shops today is remotely like the real thing.

Oops....bad bit of grammar, there!

None of the ones you can buy in the shops today ARE remotely like the real thing.

Last edited: 19 February 2018 20:08:20

pansyface

I CAN’T PUT A PHOTO ON.

I WAS GOING TO PROVIDE A BIT OF NOSTALGIA WITH AN OLD ADVERT FOR CHRISTMAS PUDDING TOPPED WITH STERILISED CREAM.

Last edited: 19 February 2018 20:24:57

Advertisement

Oh shame, Pansy!  We'll hold you to that one, when the photo gremlins have been sorted out! 

pansyface

MU , I THINK YOU WERE RIGHT FIRST TIME. NONE, AS IN “NOT ONE” WOULD BE “IS”.

ONE FOR PEDANTS’ CORNER.

Hazel -1

Cardigan ? Cardugan! Who said Cardigan???!! Noooooooooo! 

Congrats LB, on next addition. Get your knitting needles out lass hee hee! Not meee!

i used to "eat" Nestles thick milk/ cream straight out of the tin,hmmmm ,lovely!!

Joyce21

Going to watch the Japan programme too.

M-U, yes lots of condensed milk used in the sweets. FIL used to make a sort of halva to be eaten in the winter. Condensed milk, grated carrots, pistachio, almonds, sultanas etc Sounds weird but it was gorgeous. He was surprised at how much of it I could consume but also rather pleased I think as it was his own recipe.

I think my mum used to call Carnation ‘condensed milk’ but yes, normal folk called it evap. 

Joyce, some of those sweets and the ice cream sound delicious. That stuff your FIL made which tastes a bit like halva sounds yum!

Going to read good night all ,sleep well.😴

1Runnybeak1

Evening Rezzers. 

No idea what's been going on but Just popping on to say thank you for all the good wishes for our Anniversary.   We've had a very quite day with daughter staying  for the afternoon.  

Im watching the film 'Jack Reacher', a Tom Cruise film.   When I feel as though I can no longer keep awake we are going to bed.  Not even had a nap today. 

Sleep tight everyone. 

Last edited: 19 February 2018 21:17:52

Ladybird4

Nighty night Rubee and Runners.

pansyface

JOYCE, I USED TO HAVE A PAPERBACK BY MADHUR JAFFREY WHICH HAD A RECIPE FOR CARROT HALWA. IT WAS DELICIOUS. (THE HALWA. THE BOOK FELL APART FROM CONSTANT USE)

NIGHT RUBEE,

NIGHT RUNNERS,

MIGHT AS WELL SAY NIGHT ALL.

NIGHT ALL.

Advertisement

Ladybird4

Its amazing how products were advertised in the past.