Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 1,006 replies

Forestedge

LB.  You were putting your pictures up as I typed.  Super duper.  Love the blue bunting.

Glad 23 is wearing your creation Hazel.  No doubt he will want lots of bigger ones very soon.

I knitted my OH a fabulous Aran jumper over 15 years ago and he has never worn it.  I am very tempted to unravel it and knit something for myself.  It took me ages to knit with all the cables and bobbly bits so I am very loth to undo it, but it is such a waste.  I can't wear it as I am very slim.  I have tried it on and I look like  waif and stray in it.    What would you all do?

Ladybird4

F'edge - if it were me I'd bite the bullet and unravel it to knit something else I liked.

Cheyngel

New thread! 

Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity, in which participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world.

Hazel --

LB, 23 now in his 7 th week! Times absolutely flying by. He's grown 3 inches and more in height and now weighs 11lbs 4 ozs! Doing well...

Forest, agree with LB re unravelling that Aran and knit up something that will be used/ worn. It's a shame but more of a shame that it's not being worn. You could knit up a wee woolly hat for yourself for those long walks of yours....keep you warm and snug

Advertisement

Ladybird4

7 weeks!!!! Good grief Hazel. Amazing how time does fly.

Ladybird4

I had heard of geocaching Chey - its been mentioned several times on Countryfile. I bet you have tremendous fun.

Ladybird4

I wonder if the skies will clear enough for me to see the meteors tonight. 99.9% unlikely I reckon.

Ladybird4

Well Rezzers, I'm signing out for tonight. Trying to see meteors and reading my latest book. See you tomorrow.

Rubbish weather up here.  Just had to abandon everything to let Beanz-from-over-the-road into his house as he was soaking wet and about to invade the outdoorsers tea.  Spare key comes in handy.

I had a friend who worked in Iceland and who knitted OH a wonderful jumper from natural, undyed Icelandid sheep wool.....on 'round' needles....you knitters'll know what I mean.  It's gorgeous.  I think he's worn it twice in 30 years......scared to damage it....or have to wash it!  It still fits him, takes up a huge amoung of space in the wardrobe, but there's no way we'd either unravel it or pass it on.  Tricky.

Nighty night LB.  No chance of seeing anything up here tonight!  Piddling it down!

I'm plugging back in now, to get a full charge.

Be good, see you tomorrow....might need to do a Kitty-cut of fringe.......hiya Kitty....how's T2 getting on at Uni in Sheffield?  Or do I mean T1?

pansyface

HELLO AGAIN, JUST CAUGHT UP WITH YOU ALL ON HERE.

FEDGE, DON'T UNRAVEL IT, JUST FIND A VERY HANDSOME YOUNG MAN AMONG YOUR AQUAINTANCES AND GIVE IT TO HIM SAYING THAT YOU THOUGHT IT MIGHT SUIT HIM. STAND BACK AND WATCH OH'S REACTION......

Joyce21

Clear sky so may see meteor shower if I'm lucky and it's not after bed time.

Pansy, do you use the patchwork quilts you make?

LB Those little Christmas jumpers are fab!! Did you have a pattern for that????? I want a go!!!!

pansyface

JOYCE, I SORT OF USE THEM.

I HAVE TWO (!) ON THE SPARE BEDROOM BED AND ONE IN THE AIRING CUPBOARD AND A VERY OLD ONE WHICH I USE AS A BIG CARPET PROTECTOR TYPE OF THING WHEN WE DECORATE.

AND I GAVE ONE TO A RAFFLE LAST YEAR AND I MADE A COT SIZED ONE FOR A BABY AND HAVE GIVEN A FEW OF THEM TO FRIENDS (NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM AFTER THAT). 

I HAVE SEVERAL HALF MADE ONES IN AN OLD TRUNK THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP ON BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE THE COLOURS.

I THINK I HAVE A BIT OF A QUILT PROBLEM....

Advertisement

Joyce21

Pansy, daughter made one about thirty years ago......it's now used under a horse's rug in the winter.

Last edited: 07 October 2017 20:52:40

F'edge, the Aran jumper that won't fit you - wash and tumble dry it, that should shrink it enough for you!

I'm afraid I'm not good in the handicrafts department. I can sew - if I wanted to- though nothing too complicated and can knit simple things. (I mean simple as in scarves!). LB, I'm full of admiration for your efforts. 

Off to bed now to read. Sleep well everyone.

Last edited: 07 October 2017 22:29:03

star gaze lily

Wow Rez27!!!!

Gorgeous cupboard Rubee, you have a very talented 

Lovely knit pics LB, love the bunting.

Haha PP 🎡🎢🎡🎢

Watched SCD random scores again  

Time for a cuppa and then up the wooden hill 

Nightie night everyone 

Ladybird4

A very good morning to all Rezzers. Looking ok so far. Off to see rellies this a.m. and might have to sweep back via 'sco for those 'forgotten' items.

Linda - I'll get in touch re the knitting.

I hope all our Rezzers in the quiet corner wake up to a bright day.