Start a new thread

141 to 155 of 155 replies

Sheps

This is the one species of bird I get more than any other in the garden, the Goldfinch, these guys visit all through the day from dawn till dusk and go through feeders filled with sunflower hearts like you would not believe 

scroggin

Beautiful Sheps, they seem to be on the increase here in Kent, we have certainly seen bigger numbers in the last couple of years. Not sure if official figures back this up but I hope they're on the increase.

Sheps

Thanks scroggin...I agree re the numbers, my record in the garden at any one time was 64 Goldies, but that was when I was feeding nyger seed and sunflower hearts.

scroggin

Wow! That's fantastic Sheps. I'm happy if we get half a dozen. We do get large flocks on the trees and hedgerows surrounding the allotments.

redfuchsia

Sheps amazing as always

20.06.2017:

Advertisement

Hi Sheps, yes we have gold finch too, so pretty, they come to the sunflower feeder, i couldn't take a pic like yours though, amazing. We have lots of long tailed tits too, and the robin follows me about when digging, weeding etc, lovely 😉

Joyce21

We only ever had a odd goldfinch but for the past two years there are lots at the bird feeder every day.

Wondered if this is anything to do with climate change as I am in Scotland.

Sheps

Thanks for the kind words everyone, here is a Gannet with nesting material, photographed at Bempton Cliffs.

scroggin

' Who you looking at'. 

That is great pic scroggin 😉

Sheps

A Fox on the prowl 

Sheps and Scroggin - another set of real stunners to brighten up the day.  Keep up the good work.  

Obelixx

Lovely clear shots and I love the gannet.   We have sandpipers bobbing about on our local beaches but I have never yet managed to get one in focus.  Nippy wee things, but beautiful.

scroggin

The deer were enjoying the winter sunshine yesterday. 

punkdoc

Something summery.

Carmine Bee eater in Botswana.

Last edited: 10 December 2017 18:57:43